The language of the Qur’an… language of the Beloved (saw).
We are pleased to provide this opportunity to study the Arabic language from beginner’s level. While based primarily upon Qur’anic vocabulary, grammar and selections. Our teachers employ diverse and modern techniques to make the learning experience effective and enjoyable.
The course presently has two levels, each lasting one year.
Students are introduced to core Arabic language concepts, with study of the vocabulary and grammar of the Qur’an, based on the MELS textbook: “Access to Qur’anic Arabic” by Abdul Wahid Hamid.
The main focus will be on reading/writing. In this way, their abilities will expand beyond simple recitation of the quran but an enhanced understanding of the book of Allah (swt). The students will also part-take in a research project that will ask them to understand some of the genealogy of the arabic language. Helping them grow a love for the language in a deeper way.
– Knowledge of most core vocabulary of the Qur’an
– Familiarity with Arabic sentence structures and many grammatical features
– appreciation of the arabic language and its subtleties.
– Historical genealogy of the arabic language.
Course requirement: Basic ability to read the Arabic script.
Assessment: One mid-term and one final exam, along with marks for homework exercises. This will be supplemented by a year long research project. Attendance will be monitored.
– Consolidation and completion of the major language and grammar rules, with particular focus on the Qur’an
– Arabic morphology
– Introducing the students to ‘i’rab’ of sentences.
– tackling some of the nuances of the Quran.
Course requirement: To have passed Year 1 or equivalent (as determined by a teachers assessment).
Assessment: One mid-term and one final exam, along with marks for homework exercises and attendance.
When: Every Sunday 1.30 – 3pm
Where: Jamia Masjid Chashtiah, Milkstone Road, Rochdale, OL11 1EB
Apply Online: Complete the form below.