Quranic Studies Course Application
The course aims to familiarise students with the basic structures of Classical Arabic and to help students in the comprehension of the holy Qur'an. It is open to both men and women over the age of 16.Learning Outcomes:
- Proficiency in tajweed
- Memorisation of selected surahs
- A basic understanding of Arabic grammar
- Arabic writing and comprehension skills
Classes are held on Sundays 10.00am to 1.00pm. Men and Women aged 16 years and older may apply.
Classes will be held every Sunday morning from 10.00-1.00
Tajweed is a science which by studying ensures you are reciting the Quran in the manner that it was revealed. To recite the Quran according to the rules of Tajweed is an obligation upon every Muslim, therefore this is highly reccomended module for all.
- Proficieny in their knowledge of the rules of Tajweed
- Fluency in reciting the Quran
- Memorisation of Juz 'Amma
Beginner Modern Standard Arabic:
Beginner Modern Standard Arabic will build a foundation for the student's knowledge of Arabic, through the development of the communicative language level via classroom activities, group interaction and much more. Students will advance their reading and speaking in various everyday scenarios. There will be an emphasis on audio-oral skills, reading and beginner grammatical structures - including verb conjugation, pronouns etc.
- Communication: Students understand and engage in conversations and correspondence in Arabic to provide and obtain information, express feelings, emotions and exchange ideas.
- Cultures: Gain knowledge & demonstrate an understanding of the Cultures of The Arab World and gain awareness of the various perspectives of culture.
- Connections: Use Arabic to connect with other disciplines and acquire information to further their knowledge of other disciplines through Arabic.
Course Texts: Al-Kitab Al-asasi
The intention is to enable students to understand as much of the Quran as quickly and effortlessly as possible. The course aims to do this by providing a graded introduction to the grammar and structure of Quranic Arabic and using words which occur very frequently in the Quran.
- Vocabulary: T'o learn the meanings behind 500 key words which occur frequently in the Quran.
- Memorisation: Memorising verses from the Quran in relation to the grammatical rule being studied.
- Analysis: Continued application of the grammatical rules learnt by analysing selected verses from the Quran
- Quranic Exagesis: A detailed study of Surah al-Fatiha followed by a thematical study of the Quran
Course Texts: Access to Quranic Arabic
Registration fee is £100 and this will cover the costs of books for the course. Tuition fees are payable termly and the first payment will be taken on the induction day.
Employed £360/year or £120 per term. Unemployed/Concessions/Students £240 /year or £80 per term.
Discounts available upon request. No one will be turned away for lack of funds so please speak to us if you have any concerns and we will try to accommodate you.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 07743 99 22 26.
Register online OR download the application form here.